Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Music for Running

Happy Wednesday!

The DC weather forecast for the rest of the week looks amazing – temperatures in the 80s and no humidity. Saturday will be a perfect day for an 8-mile run! I’ve already mapped out my route, and I’m looking forward to running it. Clue #938274 that I might actually be a crazy person.

Cooler temperatures will definitely make running more pleasant. Tuesday’s 3-miler was a bit uncomfortable because of the temperature. How it can be near 80 degrees with crazy humidity at 6 AM is beyond me. How it can still be that hot at night is also beyond me.

Oh well.

At least I know that training in DC’s heat will make the actual marathon a little easier – unless October is somehow hotter than it has been in DC for the last few days.

Now, onto the subject of this post:

I’m posting a portion of the songs on my newest running mix in response to a recent request. (Whoo comments!) I'm still working on the playlist, so suggestions are welcome!

I (cleverly) named the playlist “Hearts on Fire.” After all, nothing gets the adrenaline going like pretending you’re Rocky Balboa preparing to fight Ivan Drago in an epic training montage. And, everyone needs a montage.

My newest mix includes:

“Bad Romance” – Lady Gaga
“Blah Blah Blah (feat. 3OH!3)” – Ke$ha
“Bring the Noise 20xx” – Public Enemy featuring Zakk Wylde
“Dani California” – Red Hot Chili Peppers
“Don’t Stop Believing” – Journey
“Enter the Sandman” – Metallica
“Everyone Nose” – N.E.R.D
“Foreplay/Longtime” – Boston
“Freebird” – Lynyrd Skynyrd
“Green Grass and High Tides” – The Outlaws
“Hearts on Fire” – John Cafferty
“Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi
“One Way or Another” -- Blondie
“Pull Up the People” M.I.A
“Ramalama (Bang Bang) – Roisin Murphy
"Rollin'" - Limp Bizkit
“Stronger” – Kanye West
“Through the Fire and Flames” – Dragon Force
“United State of Pop 2009 (Blame it on the Pop)” – DJ Earworm
“Unwritten” – Natasha Bedingfield
“War Pigs” – Faith No More
“You Give Love a Bad Name” – Bon Jovi

So, tell me friends -- what are your favorite tracks for running or working-out?

3 comments:

  1. hey alisha! i'm so impressed and proud of you for doing this! i'm beginning training for my first half-marathon next week (clearly i am not as ambitious as you are). i saw your link in your gchat status and it's really inspiring to read how someone else's training is going. as for your playlist, it sounds great and i'm definitely stealing some of the songs. one song i recently found got me pumped to run was "In The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World. it's got a great beat and a sort of motivational tone to it and it brings me back to middle school every time I listen. maybe it can add a little something to your playlist as well. keep up the good work and the posts! i look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, it's so great to hear from you and know that you're reading! You'll have to let me know how your training is going. Battle stories will certainly get me through this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, it's so great to hear from you and know that you're reading! You'll have to let me know how your training is going. Battle stories will certainly get me through this. :)

    ReplyDelete