Sunday, October 3, 2010

Almost there

Week 15 turned out to be the kind of week I wish I had earlier in my training instead of toward the end.

A full professional schedule, new commitments, a trial Capoeira class, and my attempt at having a social life left me incredibly tired. Mustering the energy to run after work was a challenge. On Thursday, I gave up and decided to bike instead. On Friday (which has been full of pasta and alcohol-free for many months now), I indulged in a work happy hour to celebrate coworkers' promotions and raises (including my own). We went to L'Enfant Cafe, and I had the most delicious crepe and two glasses of wine. (Yeah, not exactly part of the marathoner's diet.)

But, Saturday's run still felt incredible, and I ran 17 beautiful miles without much trouble. And, today's 4 mile recovery run was perfect. (I love the crispness of fall, and I loved the reward of going apple picking this afternoon.)

For the next two weeks, things are going to get serious. That means no beer at pub quiz, eating the proper foods, and sticking to my planned schedule.

Speaking of: holy crap, the race is so soon! This Saturday will be my last long run before the big day. Here's the plan:

Monday: Bike, strength train
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: 8-10 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment