Sunday, December 9, 2012

Jingle All the Way 8K - Race Round-Up

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas!

I've started my shopping, trimmed the tree (read: pulled the pre-decorated tree out of its box and fanned its branches), made several holiday playlists, and have started holiday baking.

My dad came to town this weekend for the annual Jingle All the Way 8K.  I've run this race a few times, and it's always always a lot of fun.  This year, the bonus was seeing my dad line up for his first race longer than a 5K since he started running last year.

My goal this year was to run a 40-minute race, which, with the running that I've done lately, seemed like a reasonable goal.  I started off strong and caught up with Stef at the beginning of the race. I settled into a comfortable pace after about the first mile and maintained it for most the race.  I didn't PR, but I'm really happy with my time.

Gun Time: 45:28
Net Time: 44:58
Average pace: 9:03
Division: 239 / 978
8K Personal Best: 43:46, Run! Geek! Run! 8K
Jingle All the Way 8K Course Record: 44:38, 2011

Unless another race comes up, that's it for 2012! I've got a few races on my list for next year, but I'm looking forward to planning my calendar for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment