Sunday, June 16, 2013

Zero Prostate Cancer 4-Miler Race Round-Up

Oh, hey! It's been a while (posts containing YouTube videos and exclamations about fast miles not withstanding)!

What have I been up to?  Officially, the six few weeks have been spent training for the Rock 'n' Roll Philadelphia Half in September.  After two tries at Operation Sub-2:00, I figure that the third time has to be the charm.  (Also, I do just want to have fun because Philadelphia is an excellent city for racing.)  I'm using Smart Coach as the basis of my training plan and, so far, it seems to be working.  I'm running a lot, and the work that I've put in so far is definitely paying off.

My dad is in town this weekend for the Zero Prostate Cancer 4-Miler (formerly the Dash 4 Dad 4-Miler).  I wasn't focused on setting a PR, but I did want to run a consistent race. 

We started out together, but it took some time to find running room and settle into a good pace.  A bit into the race, I went ahead but my dad wasn't too far behind for most of the run. All told, I had a really great race (and it will always be humbling to be passed by cancer survivors and parents pushing jogging strollers).  And, bonus, I set a PR! 

Previous record: 36:10 (2012 Dash 4 Dad 4-Miler)
Net time: 35:08
Average pace: 8:47

Dad finished in 38:10, for an average pace of 9:33.  This continues to be my favorite way to spend Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment