Sunday, April 15, 2012

Taper Time!

On Saturday, Stef and I ran our first (and only) 20-miler of this training cycle.  Leading up to the run, I was worried about how it would go. It had been a while since I ran anything close to 20 miles.  Aside from a few issues - mostly related to a poor wardrobe choice - I felt strong during the run.  We took it easy, of course, because of the temperature and the number of miles ahead of us.  At the end of the run, I felt strong and could have run another 6.2 miles if I had to.  I feel ready.

As I think more about this race, I'm set on trying to run a 4:15 marathon, which would be 24 minutes faster than my Philadelphia PR.  It's a reasonable and attainable goal, and I'm excited to see if I can do it.

I have a bit of business travel ahead.  I'm a little worried about what this means for my training, but I think I'll be able to make everything work.

Monday - 5 miles
Tuesday - 40-minute speed workout
Wednesday - 3 miles (easy)
Thursday - 60-minute tempo run
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 15 Miles
Sunday - Rest


No comments:

Post a Comment