Sunday, July 25, 2010

Moving Forward

Week 4 - Done. Moving onto Week 5:

Long run: 13 miles (!!!) I mapped out 13 miles on gmap-pedometer. Holy cow!
Total for the week: 23 miles

I struggled a bit yesterday during my 8-mile run. I completed it, of course, but it was hard. I knew going into Saturday that the temperature would be about 100 with humidity. I thought that an early start would allow me to escape the heat. That logic doesn't work in DC,unfortunately, and I could definitely feel the effects of running when it's way too hot to move.

Thankfully, today's weather was so much better. It rained while I was in my Russian language class. Or, rather, the sky opened and gave way to a deluge. But, for once, it cooled off after raining. Running was so much better.

For added fun, I created an On-the-Go playlist before I started:

"Devil Went Down to Georgia" (Just yesterday, I found the all-metal version of the Charlie Daniels classic performed by Steve Ouimette. I won't tell you why I knew that such a version existed because it will reveal how much of a nerd I really am. Holy shit, running to the dueling guitars was friggin' awesome -- so awesome, in fact, that I listened to it twice.)
"Butterfly" - Crazy Town
"Free Bird" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" - Fall Out Boy
"Damn, It Feels Good to be a Gangster" - Geto Boys
"One" - Metallica
"Green Grass and High Tides" - The Outlaws
"Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey

This is the best playlist ever. I love every song on this list*, and every song on this list is perfect for running. And, it's approximately 40 minutes, so it was a great test to see if I could finish my run before the playlist ended. I think I did it, if I adjust for the time lost when I couldn't move forward because I had to wait for a traffic light. (I jog in place when I need to wait for a walk signal/an opportune time to cross.)

But, anyhow, off to my normal Sunday activities -- which include drooling over Eric Northman on True Blood and Don Draper on Mad Man.











*Yeah, that's right. I love Fall Out Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment