Friday, April 8, 2011

Adorable Item of the Day

For about a year and a half – just about around the time I stopped watching Angel reruns on TNT before work because I realized that I had the dialogue for multiple seasons memorized – I’ve started my mornings with Morning Joe. I love its coverage and analysis of current events, and I especially love watching Mika Brzezinski go head-to-head with her co-host and the other commentators. She’s put the guys in their place more than once on the show. I may have developed a little bit of a girl crush on her.

Girl crush: feelings of admiration and adoration which a girl has for another girl, without wanting to shag said girl; a nonsexual attraction, usually based on veneration at some level – Urban Dictionary

But, then I read an interview she did for Runner’s World last year:

RW: Is it true that your first date with your husband was a run?

MB: Yes, we went around the reservoir in West Hartford, Connecticut. There was a little mountain near it, and I made him run all the way to the top. I kicked his butt. At one point, he rolled his eyes like he was going to die. Something about that look was adorable, and I loved that he made me laugh even while we were working hard.

Awesome, right!? (And, super adorable!) Girl crush: confirmed.

By the way, my potential suitors should take note -- invest in a good pair of running shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment