Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dinner Tonight -- Curry Chicken and Mango Wraps

I seem to be having one of those weeks where I struggle to motivate myself. Yeah, I know...it's only Tuesday.

I felt sluggish this morning (it didn’t help that it was overcast and rainy), and the only thing that seemed to get me out of the door was putting on the brightest dress in my closet and listening to dance music on my walk to work.

I ran speed intervals tonight to break up my usual workout routine. Adjusting the speed every one to two minutes helped with being stuck inside on the treadmill.

Intervals x 3
2 minutes at 4.0 MPH
2 minutes at 5.8
1 minute at 6.6
1 minute at 7.0
2 minutes at 6.6
2 minutes at 5.8

After my workout and a quick shower, I started dinner.  This recipe comes to you courtesy of the time I had chicken, scallions, and a mango in my fridge and decided to throw them in a frying pan.

Curry Chicken and Mango Wraps

You’ll Need:                                                                                    
1 mango, peeled and cubed
2 scallions, diced
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon sugar
1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized portions
Chicken broth (start with ¼ cup and add as needed)
1-tablespoon curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Tortillas
Raisins

Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook on stovetop until brown. Add scallions; cook until fragrant. Next, add mangoes, curry power, and chicken broth. Simmer, stirring occasionally until mangoes are tender.


Add sugar, stir, and remove from heat. Spoon mango-chicken mixture onto tortilla and top with raisins.



Wrap and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment