Monday, August 6, 2012

MCM 37: Weekly Round-up (2) - Alisha Versus the Angry Sun

Bear with me for a second, folks.  Do you remember the fourth stage in Super Mario Brothers 3?  You know, in Desert Land? When Mario spends his time running away from a very, very angry sun? 

Kind of like this?

(Source: AwesomeGIFs)  
I know what that feels like...

I went out Saturday for a 16-mile run.  I should have started earlier, I know, but waking up before 6 AM on a Saturday almost feels wrong.   When I went out around 9:30, it felt cool;  I honestly didn't think it would be that bad. Plus, I was actually prepared with a hat, sunscreen, water, and gels. 

You know where this is going...

By the time I hit Mile 7, it was actually too dangerous to attempt to run another nine miles so I decided to head home, with 10 miles logged for the day.  It was a smart move, but I'm really starting to worry about the rest of my training.  I need to suck it up and start waking up at 5 AM and pray that September is much cooler.

This week, I'm going to try to get in as much running as I can before Thursday -- fun times are ahead!

Monday: 3.5 miles (easy)
Tuesday: 5 miles (easy)
Wednesday: Speed Workout, 45 minutes 
Thursday: 6 miles (easy)
Friday: Off
Saturday: Optional early morning AM run
Sunday: Off

No comments:

Post a Comment