Sunday, October 21, 2012

One Week to Go!

It's crazy that this is my last full week before the race, but I'm ready.  I've broken in the shoes that I'll wear on race day, bought all of my carb loading food, and tested a new pair of capris.

My plan for this week is loosely based on the tapering strategy I mentioned earlier this month, with the exception of running on Saturday.  I've never run the day before a race, and I'm not about to start now.

Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: Speed workout, 2 x 1 Mile @ 9:33, 4 x 400 @ 8:50
Friday: 3 miles
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: 37th Marine Corps Marathon!

Other than running, my plan is to get ample sleep during the week, treat my body well (these bourbon pumpkin pie milkshakes will have to wait until after the race), carb load properly (starting on Thursday), and not stress out too much.  I've done this three times.  I've done the training. 

I'm ready to rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment