Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dinner Tonight -- Butternut Squash Burgers

My original plan for tonight’s dinner was derailed a bit when I realized that I neglected to defrost the chicken before I left for the office this morning. This, of course, meant that I spent the second half of my day thinking about what I could do for dinner that didn’t involve my still-frozen chicken and wouldn't take too much time to prepare after my workout.

Thankfully, I had a butternut squash, chickpeas, and a great recipe from Liz Runs DC for burgers. (I recently added her blog – and a few others – to my list of subscriptions on Google Reader. I love reading other runners’ stories, and the blogs are great sources for advice, motivation, and culinary delights.)

After my tempo run, I put on some sweet tunes and started dinner. You can check out the recipe on Liz's blog.  But, because I like posting pictures of food, here are a few photos of my cooking adventure. You may start salivating...now.

The chickpeas and butternut squash just came out of the oven.  This reminds me so much of autumn...

Grilling the burgers. 

Om nom nom nom nom....

The recipe yields seven burgers, so I stashed a few in the freezer for later.  My taste buds are still dancing with delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment