Monday, February 7, 2011

Going for Speed: Weekly Round-Up (5)

I'm up to Week 6, the end of which will mark the half-way point of this training cycle. I'm a little worried that I'm not training enough to be able to run my upcoming half in under two hours. Sure, all of the speed work feels great and I can certainly see the improvement but I haven't run more than three consecutive miles at my intended race pace. I'm sure it'll be okay, but maybe it's time to kick things up a notch now that I feel more comfortable at faster speeds.

Week 6 Schedule:


Monday: Off -- my future self will thank me
Tuesday: 7 x 400m at 5K pace
Wednesday: 4 miles and strength training
Thursday: Cycling and strength training
Friday: Off
Saturday: 8 miles
Sunday: Love the Run You’re With – 5K Race. Goal: Crush race time from Santa Shuffle 5K (See Round-Up) of 31:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment