Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall Four: Weekly Round-Up (15)

Okay, this is it – it’s time to get my taper on!

It’s been quite a while since I ran more than 20 miles, and I kind of forgot what that does to the human body/brain function.  Stef and I started at my apartment, headed toward Silver Spring, and down back through the trails into the city.  To be honest, I felt solid for the first 18 miles…well, I felt as solid as a person who’s running that distance can feel.  By mile 19, I was still able to run but moving and thinking proved slightly harder.

After the run, Stef and I headed out for burgers, which were so deserved and so delicious. I have not moved from my cozy position on my sofa since returning to my apartment and throwing on my PJs (it helps that there’s Sunday night TV).

So, here I am at Week 19 – the first week of my taper.

Monday: Rest (I may try to get in some yoga and weight training)
Tuesday: Speed Work – 40 minutes
Wednesday: 5 Miles
Thursday: 3 Miles, Strength Training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 5K Race – Race to Representation
Sunday: 6 miles

Let’s go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment