Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall Four: Weekly Round-up (12)

Holy smokes, it’s October!

I missed last week's round-up.  To quickly fill you in, my first 20-mile run with Stef was fantastic.  (Who uses “20-mile run” and “fantastic” in the same sentence?) After the run, I thought about what it felt like to run that distance during last year’s training for Baltimore.  I was in shape enough to attempt to run 20-miles, but when I hit 20-miles I was done for the day.  This year, I felt like – if I had to – I could run more 6.2 miles and not really have a problem.  It’s so incredible to see my progress over the last year.  Knowing what I can do in a year is also motivation to keep working and improving as a runner.

Last week, I ran a total of 26 miles: three on Monday, four on Thursday, 15 on Saturday, and four this morning.  This week, my workouts will be more intense at the beginning of the week and slowly let up as the week goes on.  It’s hard to believe that the Army 10-Miler is next Sunday, and the Baltimore Half Marathon is on the following Saturday.

Monday: X-Train and Strength Training
Tuesday: Speed Session (I’ve been terrible about speed work lately)
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: 3 miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Army 10-Mile Race

No comments:

Post a Comment