Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Round-Up

2011 was incredible.  In 365 days, I ran 14 races, including three half-marathons and the Philadelphia Marathon. I ran 1,000 miles. I made new friends and strengthened relationships with those already in my circle.  One of the things that I’m most proud of is the progress that I’ve made as a runner, which became most apparent when I crossed the finish line in Philadelphia almost an hour faster than I did at the 2010 Baltimore Marathon.

I’m excited to see what this year has in store.

My primary running goal for 2012 is to run at least two marathons before the year ends; ideally, this would mean one spring/early summer race and one fall marathon.  I went ahead and registered for four long races to fill the first four months of the year:

JFK 20K – January 14
GW Birthday Marathon (Relay) – February 19
Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Half-Marathon – March 17
Cherry Blossom 10-Mile Run – April 1

I also have a few other fitness goals for the year:

  • Be a better listener to my body.
  • Improve strength and get toned.
  • Run a sub-2:00 half-marathon
  • Run a sub-4:30 marathon
  • Run 1,200 miles 

Here’s to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment