Sunday, January 29, 2012

Operation Sub-2:00 Weekly Round-Up (4)

Yikes! When did it become the end of January?

If all goes as planned, I'll be in the starting corrals at the Rock 'n' Roll USA half in about seven weeks.  The next few weeks are really the time to put in the work necessary to reach my time goal.

Week 4 was strong, and I'm really happy with how my workouts went.  I ran a total of 32 miles, tried a yoga class (and loved it), successfully got out of bed in time to run before work, whipped out my reflective gear and ran after work (on well-lit and pedestrian-heavy streets), and had a really great long run with Stef that involved running five miles at (or faster than) my anticipated pace for the March race.

Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the Thursday group run -- but it wasn't because of my ego.  The planned run for the group was a 9-mile loop, followed by consumption of a larger-than-life sandwich. But, after a great few days of training, my body and I had a heart-to-heart during which it begged me to take a night off from running.  For once, I decided to listen and hit the gym for cycling and strength training instead.  We'll see what happens this week...

Week 5
Sunday: 5 miles 
Monday: Speed Workout - Stef and I are going to run intervals after work.
Tuesday: Cross- and strength training
Wednesday: 5 miles (AM)/yoga PM
Thursday: 6-8 miles (hopefully with the group run)
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 18 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment