Sunday, January 22, 2012

Operation Sub-2: Weekly Round-Up (3)

I imagined that I would be running a lot more in January to prepare for my next set of races, but I haven’t run more than 30 miles each week for the last three weeks. There’s always the risk of over training but, still thinking about Saturday’s race, I want to challenge myself a little more so that I can reach my running goals.

This week, I’m going to give the two-a-day a shot and work up the nerve to go to a faster run group on Thursday.  (Full disclosure: my ego has gotten in the way of me going before.  I really don’t want to be the slow kid, but the only way to run faster is, well, to just do it.) 

Week 4:

Sunday: 45 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes of strength training 
Monday: 45-minute speed workout
Tuesday: 4 miles (easy)
Wednesday: 40-minute tempo run AM, Yoga class PM
Thursday: 5-7 miles, depending on the group run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 15 miles

The official race results of the 20K were posted this morning. Ninety-three runners finished the race, all under 2:30.  Reviewing all of the results was humbling. This was a fast field, and the race experience was so different compared to other races that I've run.  (Where were the power walkers!?) There are things to like about races that have larger fields and those with fields under 100.  I'm looking forward to scheduling a healthy mix of both types in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment