Monday, September 24, 2012

MCM 37: Weekly Round-Up (5)

I swear, I'm still training for this marathon.  I'm just really bad at writing about it this time.

Early last week, I started to stress about my training.  I haven't run more than 19 miles yet, and I'm down to the last two intense weeks before taper.  But, at the same time, I've been doing a lot more speed work and felt great after ninety-five percent of my workouts over the last two weeks -- including after my most recent long run. 

I think the key for the next few weeks is to really put in the work.  I've got three marathons under my belt so, in theory, I can run 26.2 miles.  With hill and speed workouts, and putting in all of the miles on the next two long runs, I should be in great shape by October 28th.

Here's the plan for this week:

Monday:4 miles
Tuesday: Speed Workout + Strength Training
Wednesday: 5 miles
Thursday: Cross/Strength training
Friday: Off
Saturday: 20 miles
Sunday: 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment