Sunday, January 30, 2011

Going for Speed: Weekly Round-Up (4)

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"--Peter Maher


Me? I'm going to be strong.

It's the end of week four, and I feel fantastic about the progress that I've made this month. After yesterday's long run (which I totally owned on the treadmill with the help of The Terminator and a sweet playlist) and this afternoon's run (fueled almost entirely by teen angst), I'm starting to see the results of my training. I'm faster. I'm lighter. I'm stronger.

And, I feel like I can win the future.

Week 5:

Monday: Cycling and Strength Training
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: Tempo Run - 35 minutes
Thursday: 3 miles and Strength training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: 3 miles

Also....

I've been using a nifty tool from Daily Mile to track my milage. (You may have noticed the bright orange counter on the bottom right of the webpage.) As of today, I've logged 78 miles for 2011.

So, I'm setting an additional goal for 2011: Break 1000 miles by December 31st. Totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment