Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fall Four: Weekly Round-Up (5)

I’m a little late with the weekly round-up.  Sorry folks!
Week 5 went very well. Stef and I met up last week for a chill 4-miler on Tuesday and a 15-miler on Saturday. Both runs were excellent! (Having such amazing company makes the miles fly by!)

This week’s workouts are off to a fantastic start. Stef and I met this morning for a speed session. Instead of heading to the track, Stef brilliantly suggested that we run half-mile intervals on a flat stretch between neighborhoods. (The first time I did a speed workout outside, I planned a route without factoring in hills. Most fun I’ve ever had doing a speed workout, let me tell you. This morning’s approach was so much better.)

My target pace for the workout was 8:30, which works out to 4:15 for each interval. Here’s the breakdown by split.

Interval            Time           Avg. Pace
1                        04:03           08:06
2                        04:07           08:14
3                        04:16           08:32
4                        04:13           08:26
5                        04:21           08:42
6                        04:05           08:10

Just to be clear, I’m not at all disappointed that I ran slower than I intended for two of the six splits. In fact, I continue to be amazed at how much faster I can run these days. A little over a year ago, running faster than a 10-minute pace was something that I could only do for a minute or two.

Here’s what I have for the rest of Week 6:
Tuesday: Speed Workout AM, Strength Training PM
Wednesday: 5 Miles
Thursday: 3 Miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: 10 Miles
Sunday: X-Train + Strength

No comments:

Post a Comment