Sunday, January 26, 2014

Marathon No. 5: Weekly Round-Up (Week 9)

This is the story of Week 9 of my marathon training, or "How I Ran 16 Miles on the Treadmill."

Okay, actually, there isn't much of a story.  I spent this morning checking the temperature and whining about how cold it was and how I didn't want to run until it hit at least 32 degrees.  Eventually, I gave up and decided to run inside.  I've done extended speed workouts on the treadmill, but I changed the speed and incline so much that it broke up the time nicely.  Today, I started out thinking that I would run 6 miles easy and then run a few mile-long intervals before calling it quits.  I got to Mile 12 and, after that, just kept telling myself one more mile until I got to 16.  It was a challenge mentally, but it was great preparation for the marathon.  (Hey, look, I can do the same thing over and over for hours!)

Week 10 is up, and there are six weeks to go until the race.

Here's the schedule:

Monday: Stretching
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: Off
Saturday: 20 miles (second of three)
Sunday: Off

No comments:

Post a Comment