Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Will Run for Chocolate

The February issue of Runner's World has a few nifty tips to satisfy chocolate cravings.  I'm a little skeptical about substituting black beans for butter in brownies, but I'm willing to give it a shot.  I went the easy route this afternoon and picked up a these at the pharmacy:


Also - the cashier looked at the bars and mentioned that everyone that came in today seemed to be buying treats.  I was very tempted to reference Treat Yo' Self Day.  

4 comments:

  1. a friend of mine made some delicious brownie bars with a little bit of cocoa and black bean paste. i was skeptical at first but they were really delicious! not sure where she got the recipe, but it's worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to investigate.  It could be a mind-blowing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower from Friday Fitness.  I love chocolate and will be checking out the link you posted.  I have been seeing a lot of brownie recipes made with black beans but haven't tried them out yet.  They do look good so maybe I will try them out when I am wanting something sweet!  Have a great weekend!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4.  Thanks for stopping by! I been having major running-related chocolate cravings, so I'm always looking for healthier options! :)

    ReplyDelete